Moving away from reporting to RH bugzilla and adopting pure upstream reporting mantra.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 09:46:51 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 03:10 AM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> On 09/23/2013 10:03 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 09/24/2013 01:45 AM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>>> This absolutely does not scale from a POV of a user reporting bugs.
>>
>> Well neither does it do so from developer standpoint that also has to
>> maintain downstream distribution bugzilla accounts.
>>
>> Basically the amount of work and the effort are on par for both
>> parties as in reporter has to file multiple reports against multiple
>> package and the developer has to deal with multiple reports against
>> multiple distribution in multiple downstreams etc. so arguing one has
>> to do more work then the other is a mute point at least as far as I
>> see it.
> It's really not the same at all. Not nearly.

Given that this would the direction we take for the next 10 years for
the QA community and based on you responce I have to ask how do you see
the "traditional" desktop being relevant after all that time and if so
used by whom as in which target users ( novice end users/power
users/administrators )?

Here in Iceland ( and I know that have started doing the same in Denmark
which means they are doing in other places in the world ) they are
deploying tablets in schools not pc, which means the next generation of
tinkeres will be doing so on tablet or the evolution of tablets at that
time.

They are handing out tablets with news paper subscriptions so slowly the
tablet is replacing the traditional pc as well as laptops for the novice
end users as well ( and pc are already starting to collect dust here ),
light portable with mobile network connectivity and is at the same time
running the same underlying OS as your mobile phone so no extra learning
curve for the end user to study new OS.

So from my point of view we wont be gathering reports from novices end
users in 10 years time.

JBG