Moving away from reporting to RH bugzilla and adopting pure upstream reporting mantra.

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 12:44:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:29:04 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> > There is no such rough split between package (co-)maintainers and
> > "the QA community". I don't even know how you define "the QA community".
>
> Those that participate in QA community activity testing/reporting etc.

That includes package (co-)maintainers who acquire 'watchbugzilla' access
in pkgdb and handle incoming problem reports.

It is a perfectly fine scenario for somebody, let's say "a power-user", with
interest in a Fedora package to join as a co-maintainer and focus on
problem reports and testing of the "product" we release, even if there may
be no interest in 'commit' access to the Fedora package. That doesn't
"ship [...] package maintainership responsibility over to the QA
community", but only shows how open the Fedora Project is for commitment
from interested people.