Intel SRT,

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Sep 24 20:03:52 UTC 2013

On Sep 24, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote:
>> Does anyone know the prevalence of computers shipping with Intel Smart Response
>> Technology (binds SSD and HDD, using SSD as a cache) enabled? And should there
>> be an RFE for anaconda to identify such configurations?
>
> The computers I have seen with ISRT have it disabled by default.

Well there's at least a pile of HP Envy's that are coming with it on by default, with a small (I think around 64MB) SSD. I'm wondering if there's more than this, or if we're already talking about 2 million machines.

> I'd recommend posting to the linux-raid list or anaconda list to see who needs to do what.

Since md recognizes the metadata on disk and knows the (ISRT) attribute that's set isn't supported, I think it's up to anaconda. However, the question is about prevalence and if this is something they should put resources into identifying. There's really nothing to be done by the installer other than saying "hey yeah you're using IRST and we don't support that."

Chris Murphy