A different way of installing Fedora

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Thu Sep 26 01:33:00 UTC 2013

On 26/09/13 13:26, David wrote:
> On 9/25/2013 9:13 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:

>>> A "valid procedure?"
>>>
>>> Hmm..
>>>
>>> Sounds like a eclectic procedure and situation to me.
>>>
>> My concern is wether this procedure results in a kernel that is
>> less optimized for the CPU it is running on than if Fedora had
>> been installed directly on that machine.
>>
>> I don't know enough about Fedora installation to know what,
>> if any, processor related optimizations are made in the install
>> instead of boot time.
>>

> More clearly said? Name two other people with your situation please.

This a procedure, that I might like to do something like.

I have a working F19 installation on a box with a Haswell processor. It
would be good if I could clone that, boot the clone on a box with an
older Intel processor (though also a quad core 64 bit processor) and
make minor changes.

I suspect that there will be more than 3 people interested.

Cheers,
Gavin