A different way of installing Fedora

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 01:42:50 UTC 2013

On 09/25/13 20:38, David wrote:
> On 9/25/2013 9:33 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:

>>> More clearly said? Name two other people with your situation please.
>>>
>> This a procedure, that I might like to do something like.
>>
>> I have a working F19 installation on a box with a Haswell processor.  It
>> would be good if I could clone that, boot the clone on a box with an
>> older Intel processor (though also a quad core 64 bit processor) and
>> make minor changes.
>>
>> I suspect that there will be more than 3 people interested.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Gavin
>>

> Well. Than answers that then. You now have a somewhat limited eclectic
> 'circle jerk'. Enjoy.

Sounds like he is trying to do a Linux equivalent of Ghost...I see no reason for all of the negativity.  If you have enough machines
that are enough alike to be able to clone drives and install them on other machines and then make some very minor changes to get
them running, I say go for it.  You could even put a script on the primary drive that you then run on the cloned drives after
install that asks you questions about hostname/ip/etc. and finishes the configuration for you.  Should be an easy way to provision
boxes it seems to me.

Kevin