A different way of installing Fedora

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 26 04:26:02 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-25 21:33 (GMT-0400) Gavin Flower composed:
> On 26/09/13 13:26, David wrote:
>> Sounds like a eclectic procedure and situation to me.
>> More clearly said? Name two other people with your situation please.

> This a procedure, that I might like to do something like.
> I suspect that there will be more than 3 people interested.

What good is a backup disk if it can't be substituted for a failed one? What
you're talking about, taking the backup and making it primary in a different
system, is a form of cloning that I've been doing for at least a decade. With
DOS, OS/2, OS X & Linux, it's often an order of magnitude less painful and
time consuming than a standard installation. My currently booted 24/7 OS/2
"installation" was made probably 10 years ago, and has survived at least 5
motherboards (starting with K6/2, currently Core2Duo) and as many or more
HDs, in addition to the clones being temporarily hosted by yet other systems.
I have too many Linux installations made via cloning to count, Fedora
particularly (in spite of recent need for dracut-nohostonly installation for
it work reliably), since I've never much liked any version of Anaconda I've used.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/