Hwisenbug NFS FLAG DAY

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Thu Sep 26 18:10:25 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 11:02 AM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 07:51:35PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

>>> That fixes it.   Why was the default changed?
>> Because NFSv2 is older than frickin' Old MacDonald at this point, I
>> guess?
> Right.  We're considering shutting down v2 completely at some point, so
> the first step was to turn it off by default and see if that affects
> anyone.
>
> I guess it does.
>
> It'd be interesting to know if this was something critical or more of a
> stunt?  ("How long can I keep this ancient machine running?")
>
> I'm inclined to be conservative about turning off the old protocol, but
> it is terribly old and there's an understandable desire to trim the test
> matrix a bit....
>
> --b.
>
>>> Something to add to the release notes.
>> Probably, yes. The way to do this was mentioned in your other 'flag day'
>> thread.
>> --
>> Adam Williamson
>> Fedora QA Community Monkey
>> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net
>> http://www.happyassassin.net
>>

>> --
Not a stunt.  I have some files that depend on Unix programs.
Every now and then there is a need for these old tools.

Why disable NFS V2?  If the client can use a newer version,
it will do so automatically, will it not?  If not, why break things that
don't need to be broken?

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com