maintaining minimal

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 28 00:27:23 UTC 2013

I'm not having any luck figuring out how Yum can be limited to installing
only hard dependencies when any given package is installed, avoiding "nice to
have" things that take time to install and update that I'll never use. If
this is covered in the yum.conf man page I missed it. In zypper's zypp.conf
this is done via InstallRecommends = no. In Mageia, --no-suggests is used
with urpmi. How is it handled in Fedora?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/