Introduction

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 1 12:03:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:34:21AM +0530, Amita Sharma wrote:
> help. When time permits I do some testing, participate in test days,
> give karma on bodhi.
> But I always wanted to involve in some kind of activity which makes
> people aware about Fedora and how they can contribute as a tester (I
> am still learning though).
> I am good at presentation skills(atleast that's what I am confident about).

Cool. That's definitely a great way to contribute. Have you you looked at
the Fedora Ambassadors group <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors>
or at Fedora Marketing <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing>? These
parts of the project are basically focused on that sort of thing.

> There are lot many people who wants to contribute but don't know
> from where and how to start and needs guidance, specially when it
> comes to testing.
> Many young brilliant brains in colleges, techie but shy women,
> people who don't know any programming but want to contribute..there
> is huge crowd actually.

Yes there is, and this an area where we could do a lot better as a project.
For working on this issue in specific, check out
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Women> -- there is a mailing list with some
light activity.

There is also the Feodra Welcome SIG
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Welcome_SIG>, which got off to a promising
start but could use some love and attention. Getting that restarted would be
a valuable project in itself!

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"