Proposal: Rawhide installation validation testing

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 16:47:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 16:35 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > If anyone has any ideas to improve/refine this effort, do reply!
>
> Has this been cordinated with devs so found issues from this process
> will be looked at ( they themselves might just ignore reported bugs if
> they are working themselves on other changes )?

Good question, I ran it by bcl this morning and he was positive:

<adamw> bcl: hey, quick feedback request if you don't mind - we (QA) are
thinking of running monthly validation tests on rawhide until we hit
alpha, just to catch anything that's really bent out of shape. would you
be OK with that? would you like us to filter the reports somehow so as
not to flood bugzilla, or OK just to report what we find as usual?
 this would be the normal installation validation testing
<bcl> sounds like a good idea to me.
 We've got the composes running, may as well use them for something.

We did talk about limiting the reporting somehow - it would be best to
report only fairly significant issues, it's probably not necessary to
report smaller polish issues yet. I'll include a note about that with
the 'announcement'.