any advice to fix firefox being excruciatingly slooooooooow?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Apr 2 21:59:09 UTC 2014

On Sáb, 2014-03-29 at 16:02 +0100, drago01 wrote:
> > I noticed that xulrunner-28.0.1.fc21 "failed to build".
> >
> > Running latest firefox with older xulrunner spews my journal, etc.
>
> Firefox no longer needs xulrunner.

I am removing prelink (prelink -ua before yum remove prelink) from a
rawhide test system and appears this strange message :

prelink: /usr/lib/firefox/plugin-container: Could not parse
`/usr/lib/firefox/plugin-container: /usr/lib/xulrunner/libxul.so:
version `xul28' not found (required
by /usr/lib/firefox/plugin-container)'

don't have xulrunner-28 because fail to build [1]
could be a problem  at least when use plugin-container

[1]
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4569

--
Sérgio M. B.