potential openjdk update issues in rawhide?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Apr 4 15:37:24 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 09:47:58AM -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:

> > All,
> >
> > I was updating my Rawhide instance sometime ago and saw this
> > interesting transaction (below). It looks like something that should
> > not happen .... Is anyone else seeing this? Is this even an issue?
>
> I've seen this as well. I assume some command output is redirected to
> stdout when it shouldn't be.

At least packages java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel and java-1.7.0-openjdk-headless
extensively use 'alternatives' in package scripts without redirecting
output.  I assume that this is a spill from there.  If there are good
reasons for it I have no idea.

The latest rawhide version of these packages look to be
1.7.0.60-2.5.0.16.pre02.fc21 but this is a constant "feature".

    Michal