Rawhide 3.15

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Apr 5 14:52:56 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-04-05 at 11:39 +0200, Fidel Leon wrote:
> On Saturday 05 April 2014 00:45:46 Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
> > All too soon the pleasant experience with 3.14 was blown away by
> > 3.15 with all its troubles.   I can't say 3.14 was stable running omen.com
> > because it went away so quickly, replaced by the rather unstable 3.15.
> > Omen.com is back to Heisenbug.
>
> I have your same problem too, and journatctl says it's NetworkManager just
> after associating with my AP (removing my wireless adapter stops my laptop
> from freezing).
>
> I've reported such issue yesterday in the Kernel mailing list.

Thanks for reporting it. It's not necessarily the same issue, though, so
Chuck should check his separately. Of course many things can prevent the
system booting properly.

This is a very unstable point of the kernel cycle, remember: these
kernels aren't even rc1 yet. So it's not unexpected that there might be
problems, and of course they should be reported upstream. Chuck, if your
reference to 'running omen.com' is what I think it is, it's probably a
bad idea to be running Rawhide kernels on a production machine - it's
great to test Rawhide, but we do recommend doing it on a test box...