A Tale of three machines.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Mon Apr 7 10:27:39 UTC 2014

I have now tried Rawhide 3.15 on three machines.

A Core Duo E8500 (which only reports one core) runs fine.

An I5-3550 is somewhat unstable.  Interestingly, it fails Test 7
on Memtest86+ 5.01 in SMP mode.  Others have reported
the same problem with various machines.  The memory test
passes without SMP mode.

An I7-3770K runs in 3.15 text mode but immediately freezes when
X is started.  Anaconda 21.31-1 works but in rather low resolution.
I tried it without the Nvidia card, using the on chip Intel gaphics
and got the same freeze.
This machine runs Win7 and Heisenbug without crashing.
This machine ran Memtest86+ 5.01 in SMP mode without issues.
I will leave Memtest running for a while to make sure it is stable.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com