new f19/f20 images

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:10:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 11:23:15PM +0200, drago01 wrote:
>> Since when do we do something like this? Sounds like an over reaction to me.
>> Installing (security) updates is the first thing you should do after
>> installing anyway and besides who decided this and when?
>> What are the criteria for doing updated images?
>
> Right now, it's "when the security team says we should", pretty much.

I am not against this change (see my mail in the other thread).

But it should have a better process then "someone decides about it and
do it without telling anyone about it so it gets no testing until
after its done".

> In this case, since so much is linked against the affected library, and
> since services need to be restarted in order for the update to meaningful, I
> think it's a reasonable thing to do for our users.

(and people complain about offline updates ...)

> For cloud, we did it previously when it was discovered that the root
> password wasn't properly locked (kickstart misconfiguration). In the future
> (see the change proposal), we *do* need some clear guidelines, as well as
> planned-out procedures.

*nod*