Intel 82579V LAN chip

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Thu Apr 24 09:17:21 UTC 2014

I did a Google on this chip, which is part of some
of the motherboards I have.  Apparently this chip
has some hardware bugs in it.

Several days ago I disabled this port in the BIOS.
The local net is now served with a Realtek chip
on the motherboard.  A Realtek chip on a cheap
PCIEX board talks to the Internet.

My server has been relatively stable since I made
that change.

Can the Intel chip ever be tamed in Linux?

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com