fedup failure from F19->F20

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Apr 25 17:44:53 UTC 2014

On 04/25/2014 10:25 AM, Samuel Sieb issued this missive:
> On 04/25/2014 10:12 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> I'm afraid this machine is now in a very sick state and I'm petrified
>> that, should I lose power or something else happens that will cause it
>> to reboot, it's going to be dead.
>>
> If all you've done is run fedup, then nothing has happened to the
> installed Fedora.  You're fine.  Try doing a yum clean and deleting the
> the /var/tmp/system-upgrade directory.  Then try fedup again.
>
> If fedup actually completed at some point, then be careful when
> rebooting.  There may be an upgrade entry in the boot list.  But since
> it sounds like fedup never actually successfully completed, there
> shouldn't be one.

Samuel, thank you for your help.

I did a "yum clean" which completed with no errors. There is no
/var/tmp/system-upgrade directory that I can find (a lot of old systemd
stuff though, so I purged that).

There are a lot of both F19 and F20 RPMs in /var/lib/yum/plugins/local,
however. Should these be purged as well?

I don't know of a way to see what's in the grub2 boot menu other than
actually trying a reboot, but I'll try to be careful.