fedup failure from F19->F20

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Apr 25 18:42:38 UTC 2014

On 04/25/2014 10:59 AM, Samuel Sieb issued this missive:
> On 04/25/2014 10:44 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> I did a "yum clean" which completed with no errors. There is no
>> /var/tmp/system-upgrade directory that I can find (a lot of old systemd
>> stuff though, so I purged that).
>>
> /var/tmp/fedora-upgrade maybe?  Are you sure you have the latest fedup?
>   Maybe related to the next question.

As far as I know, yes, it's the latest fedup for F19:

fedup.noarch                                0.8.0-4.fc19
fedup-dracut.x86_64                         0.7.3-1.fc19
fedup-dracut-plymouth.noarch                0.7.3-1.fc19

>> There are a lot of both F19 and F20 RPMs in /var/lib/yum/plugins/local,
>> however. Should these be purged as well?
>>
> Sounds like you have yum-plugin-local installed.  I would recommend
> removing that first.  And all those RPMs.

Yup, I have yum-plugin-local installed. I'll kill it off and remove the
/var/lib/yum/plugins/local RPMs.

Now, assuming I clean all that cruft up (getting rid of the plugin-local
stuff, getting rid of the RPMs), how do I proceed with the upgrade?
It seems like fedup is stuck looking for that sqllite file which doesn't
exist. Is there a cache somewhere I need to purge?
-                     "Celibacy is not hereditary."                  -
-                                      -- Guy Goden                  -