Here we go again

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Mon Apr 28 03:08:47 UTC 2014

On 28/04/14 13:50, poma wrote:
> People are generally born with more ears than teeth,
> Mister Freud.
>

> poma

What I said is based on observations and scientific research.

I spent 3 years talking with a group of people, which included people
with multiple personalities. There is actually a continuum between them
and 'normal' people. For example when you drive, you are processing
multiple inputs in parallel and making decisions without thinking
consciously.

I came across a news article about an island were about 10% of children
were born apparently female, and became definitely male at puberty. It
was so common that people simple changed their children's clothing
appropriately, and treated them as males. So I did some research.

A vet in a city where I lived, was in the news for formally changing his
gender and having operations to make his body consistent, with the full
support of his wife. I come across at least 2 similar items along the
same lines. Research has found the wiring of the 'true' female mind is
quite different to that of a 'true' man's, the women use more areas of
both sides of the rain to solve a technical problem, whereas as men tend
to use one part of one side. During pregnancy changing levels of
hormones can cause brain development not to match the physical gender.

The trouble is that political agendas influence how people see reality.
My wife is definitely feminine and we have a son, but she is one of the
rare women with a Masters in computer science. I got wiped of the chess
board by a toothless old woman at least 20 years my senior, and I am
fairly strong social player who used to play in 'A' grade interclub
chess teams. So the differences in the way brains work between men &
women should not be used to try and 'prove' that women should not do
certain jobs because they should be reserved for men, or vice versa –
nor should 'political correctness' be allowed to claim there are not
fundamental differences between the sexes that go beyond the physical
differences!

As for Freud, due to the nature of society of his day, he was forced to
couch his conclusions about what he observed in terms that were
'political correct' for his time. Plus our basic understanding of how
the brain worked was extremely primitive then compared to what we know
now. So even if he had been able to freely express himself, without
having to conform, he would still have been way of the mark in some areas.

So simply because what I wrote conflicts with your notion of reality
does not mean I'm wrong. Note that reality tends to be more nuanced &
complicated than we can easily deal with, and society as a whole takes
even longer to adapt. For example, only recently did Germany allow a
third option for the sex of a baby, and most databases still implicitly
assume that people are either definitely male or definitely female.

Cheers,
Gavin