libgcrypt and google-chrome

Fidel Leon fidelleon at mykolab.com
Mon Apr 28 13:43:19 UTC 2014

On Monday 28 April 2014 08:31:19 piruthiviraj natarajan wrote:
> Recent libgcrypt update to libgcrypt-1.6.1-2.fc21 doesn't allow you to
> install google-chrome current version in rawhide. The maintainer
> specifically removed the old .so compatibility with this new release. Is
> there any other way how to workaround this without downgrading the
package?

+1, it's a quite disruptive change, it breaks compatibility for a VERY MAJOR
software product! We're not talking about an obscure app living under a rock in
Github, we're talking about Google Chrome!

--
Fidel Leon
fidelleon at mykolab.com
GSM: +34 639 000 390
AA34 074D 4763 2203 C1B1 7DD7 2107 DB9A AD74 FB97
"Developers have the attention spans of slightly moronic woodland creatures."