Test case discovery / extraction (MozTrap)

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 22:52:49 UTC 2014

> On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 19:15 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hey, folks. So as part of the possible move to MozTrap (or, really, it'd
> > be useful for any other TCMS), I've come up with a truly hideous bash
> > script to discover and extract test cases from the wiki.
>
> > I have it running ATM and
> > dumping all ~900 test cases in the wiki out to my system, once it's done
> > I'll tar them and stick them up somewhere for others to access. Next
> > step would be to write something to convert them to MozTrap's mass
> > import format.
>
> I've put the full set of test cases (with obsolete ones and templates
> moved into subdirectories) up as
> https://fedorapeople.org/groups/qa/test_cases/fedora_test_cases_20140821.tar.xz . A somewhat-annotated version of the script is also available as https://fedorapeople.org/groups/qa/test_cases/extract_test_cases.sh .

For some reason I got obsessed today with cleaning up the script, even
though it's probably never going to be that much use again, so I put the
cleaned up and somewhat-genericised version up as:

https://fedorapeople.org/groups/qa/test_cases/wiki_category.sh

it lets you pass options to specify the starting category, level of
recursion, and specify one of three modes - just print out the IDs of
sub-categories to the specified recursion level, print out the IDs of
member pages to the specified recursion level, or extract the contents
of the member pages (at the specified recursion level) to files in a
given directory. I guess it might possibly be useful to someone else,
sometime? Meh. That's today wasted!

(if called with no options it does what extract_test_cases.sh did, dumps
the contents of all members of Test_Cases and its subcategories, to a
recursion level of 3, into files...using a better directory name this
time).