What's wrong with Fedora 21 GNOME?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:41:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:06:47 -0600
Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> >  - systemd is stuck in a loop waiting for 4-5 items, such as devices
> > during shutdown or reboot - no patience to wait for more than two
> > minutes!

One of the issues I once ran into was the network going down
before the NFS filesystems were unmounted, at which point it
would take hours to time out on one unmount, more hours to
time out on the next, etc. If you turn off rhgb and quiet
in the kernel boot options, you can see messages about NFS
when it is shutting down which is how I discovered my problem.

Ironically, my problem was caused by trying to get systemd
to ignore NFS filesystems by using the "force" option
on reboot, but all that did was shut down network early,
then try to unmount the NFS systems anyway :-).