3.14 Regression on Z77 and 3770-k

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Feb 7 22:34:14 UTC 2014

On Feb 7, 2014, at 2:32 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 13:30 -0800, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
>> Today's rawhide 64 has the same problems I reported some time ago.
>> Noveau doesn't work on the Nvidia GTX 670 and devices on the
>> Asmedia USB3 ports don't work.
>>
>> As an experiment, I force installed 3.14 on a Heisnbug system.
>> The results were the same - neither Noveau nor Asmedia USB3
>> worked.
>
> Please file separate bugs against the kernel and nouveau with necessary
> details. Upstream may be better than Fedora for these issues.

Yes, with such a new kernel, I assume a high likelihood only devs have seen or will soon see such problems. It's best to go to the upstream mailing list. If there's some explosion then I'll also file a bugzilla.kernel.org bug. And the other thing about such early kernel testing and regressions is that you're frequently expected to know how to do kernel bisect.

Chris Murphy