Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 23:09:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 18:04 -0500, Jonathan Calloway wrote:
> Adam,
>
> Thanks for the email.  I’m getting set up on the IRC channel and
> beginning to read through the forums.  I think I’ll get started
> triaging bugs and go from there as I gain more experience.

Triaging bugs is useful work indeed, but right now we don't have a
framework for it. Jóhann Guðmundsson (viking-ice on IRC) and Mike
Ruckman (roshi on IRC) are working on a proposal for one, so we might
have something in the near future, but until then it could be a bit of a
difficult area to start in! If you do go for it, I'd recommend picking a
component you're familiar with and talking to the package maintainer of
that component to see if they could use the help, and ask if they have
any special requests for how it should be done.

Running updates-testing and providing feedback is one of the areas I'd
recommend as an entry point, as it's relatively easy to do, we have a
pretty good tool for it - fedora-easy-karma - and it'll give you some
experience with a range of bits of the distribution if you try to test
some things you don't usually use extensively or even have installed.

> As I get “acclimated”, I’ll let you know if I need anything.

Great! Welcome again.