[Fwd: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2014-02-19)]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 20:03:29 UTC 2014

There's some significant stuff in this week's FESCo minutes, so I
thought it wouldn't hurt to forward it to make people aware. Among the
key bits:

"AGREED: FESCo wants Fedora to continue to have a core set of
    features that all Products must implement.  We'll defer decisions
    about who decides on these core features and what those features
    cover until after we get more input from Products about how they are
    expecting to diverge."

"Spins continue to exist"

"AGREED: the new mattdm's proposal for EOL bug procedure is approved" -
this is https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1198 , the "new proposal"
that was approved is
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1198#comment:67 . It's not a huge
change from the current procedure and looks like an improvement to me.

"AGREED: Open up F21 for ordinary Change proposals _now_, and
    continue the conversation about adapting the process for .next in
    the mean time."

"AGREED: FESCo expects the Tech specs/docs from working groups by
    March 3rd at the latest"