How to calculate priority for missing tests or %check

Alexander Todorov atodorov at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 10:54:42 UTC 2014

Hi guys,
I've started working to identify packages with missing upstream test suites or
not running the tests in %check. Having a list of hundreds of packages now I
need to prioritize them somehow. This will help in later steps when spec files
need to be fixed or somebody wants to start working with upstream on writing a
test suite.

My idea is to take all bugs against Fedora in the last few years (or releases).
Packages with bigger number of bugs receive higher priority than those with
less. Then based on this prioritize.

How long should the time frame be?  I'm thinking 3 to 5 years.

Where low/medium/high priority boundaries are ? (could be 30%, 60%, 90% for
example).

Do you have other ideas how to calculate priority of these items?

Thanks,
Alex