Wiki pages: Missing tests in %check and missing upstream test suites

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 16:14:13 UTC 2014

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 03:55:02PM +0200, Alexander Todorov wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> thanks for your feedback in the last few days. I've created two wiki
>> pages about packages which don't execute their tests in %check:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Testing_in_check
>
> Of the two packages that have 'virt' in their title, it looks like
> virt-manager genuinely contains tests upstream but they are not
> enabled in Fedora.  Actually some tests fail in Fedora 20.

Unfortunately our 'unit test' suite depends on host libvirt version in some
capacity. I try to weed out the version dependencies as they pop up, but it
means sometimes the test suite is broken depending on the libvirt version.

For that reason enabling the test suite in the spec is a pain since a libvirt
update in rawhide followed by a virt-manager rebuild might fail since the test
suite has diverged. We can ignore failure, like your patch does, but that
doesn't seem to valuable besides slowing down the build.

> Attached is a proposed patch to the spec file.  I ran this under
> auto-buildrequires to see if it would need any extra BRs, but auto-br
> didn't find any.

It will need to duplicate BuildRequires for all the virt-manager-common deps
at least.

- Cole