F19 -> F20 upgrade disaster , and now just boot with debug in kernel boot parameters

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Jan 3 05:49:14 UTC 2014

On Qui, 2014-01-02 at 10:25 -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 04:00:15PM +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> >
> > but why just boots with kernel with debug boot options , and what I
> > should do to but with quiet parameter or in default mode ?
>
> If you can boot at all in some way you are already 95% there as you
can
> investigate what went wrong, maybe even why, and fix it.

Thanks for replying , I had verified all files , done a full prelink
-avmR ,  I followed some tips on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F20_bugs especially:

3.1 System fails to boot after install using LVM Thin Provisioning

I even try 4.10 suggestions, I changed my disk partitions from MBR to
MPT (works better). In meanwhile also fixed "CUPS hangs on shutdown"

And all options doesn't *worked*, when I almost give up, for today,
occasionally I removed
"systemd.log_level=debug" from kernel boot parameters
and guess what, it boot cleanly ,
systemd.log_level=debug prevents my system to boot !

Conclusion:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet systemd.log_level=debug" doesn't boot
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="systemd.log_level=debug" doesn't boot
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="debug systemd.log_level=debug" boots
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet" boots
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="" boots

I even think fedup problems was consequence that I had forget
systemd.log_level=debug in default GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX

Hope that could help something, bye.
--
Sérgio M. B.