fedora in 2013

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 21:27:44 UTC 2014

On 01/06/2014 09:16 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:20:45 +0000
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/06/2014 05:42 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
>>>    I want to focus on getting the base
>>> automation working well so that we can go to the WGs with "here's
>>> our automation system and this is how you write tasks for it. we'll
>>> help with getting tasks run but you all need to maintain the ones
>>> specific to you and commit to keeping an eye on the output".
>>>
>>> Anyhow, that's the plan in my head. I'm sure there'll be bumps in
>>> the road and changes before it's all said and done but it's a
>>> start:)
>> Yes but to be able to work on it requires man power and time and the
>> man power is short and the time even shorter ;)
> True, but I look at it as an investment - costly in the short term but
> will yield benefits in increased testing of Fedora and increased sanity
> for qa folks
>
>> If we want to free time to work on stuff like this Anaconda release
>> cycle and testing must be finished before alpha or dealt with after
>> beta.
> Sure, that could end up being useful but it's but one piece of the
> puzzle. It looks like 2014 is going to be an interesting year with all
> the potential changes coming up. Summing all that up as "everything
> would be OK if we could just change anaconda's dev/release cycle" is a
> bit simplistic and a touch naive.

To you it might seem naive to be it's a key factor since once the needed
changes have been made to Anaconda's release cycle we will see how much
free resources we have and where we can allocate those resources like to
what extend we need push work into their relevant sub-community and
what's needed for the QA community members role ( testing/triaging ) etc.

JBG