Please add IRC meeting dates to both Fedocal and Wiki

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 14:23:37 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> > Greetings,
> >
> > TL;DR: If you host/manage a meeting in a Fedora channel
> > (#fedora-meeting, #fedora-meeting-1, #fedora-meeting-2), please add it
> > to Fedocal and the Wiki at:
> > https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/fedora-meeting-2/add/
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting_channel
> >
> > Currently Fedora's IRC meeting channels are managed in the wiki:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting_channel
> >
> > There is also a web calendar (Fedocal) that allows to register
> > meetings):
> > https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/
> >
> > Both lists are not synchronised, therefore please add your meeting to
> > both sites to avoid unexpected conflicts.
>
> That's a duplication that will definitely put some people off, and annoy
> others who overlook it and then get burned.
>
> For Fedora QA Test Days, we have created a script that converts fedocal
> events to a wiki page. We want an exported wiki page, because we need to
> filter just test days from our calendar and present it into a succinct and
> clear way, for marketing/ambassador purposes. The script is here:
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/fedora-qa.git/tree/fedocal
> and example output is here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/test/Fedora_20_test_days
> (it will be included into a side panel at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days during the next cycle).
> The tool could be adjusted for your purposes and its output could be included
> in the wiki and refreshed automatically.
>
> However, I think that for fedora-meeting purposes just the fedocal page could
> be quite enough. What's the reason for duplicating it into a wiki? If you
> need something adjusted in fedocal, to have it better arranged or something,
> talk to pingou, the fedocal developer (cc'd).

+1, say no to duplication. I'm trying to make meetings I created in sync on
both wiki and fedocal but I'd prefer one way. It would just require some changes
in fedocal, I talked about with pingou - to make meeting creation easier, aka
"new event", pick meeting room, check if it's occupied or not, create event.

Jaroslav