Rawhide heads up: cryptsetup update breaks rebooting if using luks

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jul 1 13:03:13 UTC 2014

I don't have all the details yet, but the update of cryptsetup in
yesterday's rawhide breaks rebooting if your are using at least some
patterns of luks partitions. Early boot works, but mounting /home after
the root pivot fails. I confirmed that downgrading to the previous
version fixes the problem. I'll be filing a bug for this later today.

It would be prudent for people with luks partitions to downgrade in
case they need or want to reboot before there is a fix.