How do I disable edid check on kernel command line?

Flash flashl at dailybrood.com
Thu Jul 3 11:35:20 UTC 2014

I discovered after rebooting what seems like a hundred times that
adjusting MB MSI Z77A-G43 bios integrated graphic interface option
changes  whether graphic card was discovered, discovery  sequence,
system preference during boot, which graphic card recognized after boot
sequence, naming conventions and other behaviors at multi-user target.
i.e. dvi name in multi-user state could be dvi-i-1 or maybe dvi-i-1-1 or
dvi-i-1-1-1 or Xorg may pick the device as primary; and, if I didn't
include the i915 graphic card in the integrated graphic boot sequence,
it would remain in a disconnected state.

I finally succeeded building a stable xorg.conf by referencing Xorg log
messages and adjusting the file accordingly. Manpages, documentation,
web searches, or other references to expected behavior didn't help.