Question on Miredo maintance

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 3 22:38:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 11:14 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I need to bring Miredo up on a number of systems.  Again. Fortunately it
> is now 'builtin' to Fedora, unlike I had to build it back in Fedora 10
> for a demo.
>
> The thing is I also need it on Centos 6 as well (for the relay). And
> when I look at:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/miredo/
>
> It shows it 'approved' for EPEL 6, but at:
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora-epel/6/x86_64/  I don't see miredo.
>
> And btw, I will also need it on Android.....

Well, what 'approved' means in that context is that the user in question
- jens - has commit privileges to the branch. It doesn't tell you
anything about whether he or anyone else has ever built the package or
submitted an update for it.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8722 suggests
it has been built just once for el6, years ago:

but apparently never submitted as an update - Bodhi shows no el6 updates
for it:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/miredo

you should probably contact jens directly and ask if he can submit it as
an update for EL6.