[DRI3] Problems on old Intel GPUs

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jul 3 22:50:10 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 11:46:08PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> Though none of this matters for Felix' case, since the 8xx series GPUs
> >> (among their many many other flaws) don't have shader support at all.
> >> Turns out hardware's gotten a lot more sophisticated in the intervening
> >> 13 years since that design...
> >
> > Felix claims he has like six different cards all failing in
> > approximately the same way, including some i9xx and later as well as the
> > i8xx ones.
>
> I'm seeing issues with my Asus eeepc 901 first gen Atom.

Peter:

Can you describe your issues? Is it with Rawhide, or a real release?

I have a 901 and put F20 on it recently. Haven't used it for much of
anything since, though, and haven't seen any video problems (perhaps
because I have used it very little since).

(at the moment it's sitting here snapping a picture with a web-cam
once a minute, which doesn't exercise the GPU to speak of. or at all.)

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding