colour management Cups-Gutenprint

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 4 16:49:23 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-04 at 09:51 -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
> by case I saw in a colour print via Cups-Gutenprint (F20, last update
> yesterday, LXDE desktop, Canon Pixma MP540) that the colour Yellow is
> not printed according to the photo. Compared with a print via Windows
> XP, same computer, same printer, printed about a quater of an hour
> later, there is to less Yellow colour printed with Cups-Gutenprint. I
> don't know, if this is an matter of interest. If anyone shouts because
> reporting F20 now in this list .... in my opinion Rawhide/F21 will
> have the same problem, if no report of this problem is done.

It's probably most useful to report this kind of issue to, I guess, the
driver developers upstream; I think that would be at
http://sourceforge.net/p/gimp-print/bugs/?source=navbar . It does seem
that some recent reports there have been picked up by developers, so it
seems like the appropriate channel.

Thanks!