(Rawhide users) Fedora 22 branching: What You Need To Know

František Zatloukal zatloukal.frantisek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 08:16:39 UTC 2014

Rawhide wiki page should be updated, because:

*Q:* How do I get out of Rawhide again? I want to continue on the branch
leading to the next release.

A: Remove the [image: Package-x-generic-16.png]
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Package-x-generic-16.png>
fedora-release-rawhide
<https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/fedora-release-rawhide> package,
and perhaps run yum --releasever=(version) distro-sync.
and this results in removing lots of packages as Felix wrote.

> On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 03:48 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> > On 2014-07-09 23:37 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:
> >
> > > Hey folks! As we just hit a branch point, here's a refresher on what
> > > this means for folks who've been running Rawhide.
> >
> > > If you want to keep running Rawhide, which will now contain packages
> > > tracked for Fedora *22*, you don't need to do anything: just keep
> > > updating. From tomorrow onwards, you'll start getting '.fc22' packages,
> > > tracked for Fedora 22.
> >
> > > If you want to follow Fedora 21, you'll want to either remove the
> > > 'fedora-repos-rawhide' package (that replaced fedora-release-rawhide
> >
> > # yum remove fedora-release-rawhide
>
> Er. I said to remove 'fedora-repos-rawhide'. (Or just disable the repo.)

> > ...will be erased
> > ...will be erased
> > ...will be erased
> > ...will be erased
> > ...will be erased
> > Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: trying to remove "systemd", which is protected
> >
> > > today), or disable the Rawhide repository using a graphical repo config
> > > manager or 'yum-config-manager' from yum-utils:
> >
> > # yum install yum-config-manager
>
> I said "from yum-utils". Run 'yum install yum-utils'.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

*František Zatloukal*

*E-mail:* Zatloukal.Frantisek at gmail.com