bug attached images not browser loadable

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 19:02:42 UTC 2014

On 07/18/2014 12:54 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> HI
>

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Felix Miata  wrote:
>
>> Even if I could see evidence of breakage I wouldn't know what to do about
>> it. I'm simply using SeaMonkey's reply-to-list button, which strips the
>> inanely long "For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases" from
>> the "To:" field leaving only the actual email address that the ordinary
>> reply button keeps.
>

> You seem to be changing the subject line as well in your replies or perhaps
> it is another thunderbird issue.  In any case, take a look and fix it if
> you can.  Atleast in gmail your replies are consistently showing up as new
> threads.

Here's how the archives show it - perfectly threaded:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2014-July/thread.html#122003

The problem is on your end, and not on Felix' end: gmail is notoriously
bad when it comes to properly displaying messages as threaded when they
share correct In-Reply-To threading across changed subject lines (and
not just gmail, but many web-based clients).  Thunderbird and other open
source desktop clients care a lot more about standards than the
proprietary gmail code base.