bug to which attached

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jul 21 17:44:50 UTC 2014

On Jul 18, 2014, at 10:50 AM, Adam Williamson <adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Set the attachment type to text/plain . Bugzilla's auto-detection is
> terrible and always sets it to something silly which browsers don't want
> to open directly. I think I've seen this on other Bugzillas, though? I
> don't think it's unique to RH's?

For an eternity autodetect has set logs to application/binary. And then at some point in the last ~6 months (hand wave) it started to correctly set them to plaintext. In the last month or two, autodetect is setting them to text/x-log, and then anaconda devs are spending time changing this to plaintext.

So if autodetect is going to continue to suck then it should default to the #1 attachment type, which is probably plaintext for logs; at the expense of PNG/JPG getting set to plaintext, which funny enough autodetect always gets right. But I don't see how the backend can't just set *.log to plaintext always. There's no need for it to parse the file contents in this case, and even though filename extensions are a totally perverse domain violation, I might even suggest only honoring filename extensions just to keep this simple.

Chris Murphy