Fedora 21 / 22: repo definition .rpmnews

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 23 20:26:17 UTC 2014

Hi, folks. Just a note for those following 21 (Branched) or 22
(Rawhide): I noticed today that several of my /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo
files had .rpmnew versions, including my fedora.repo and
fedora-updates-testing.repo and fedora-rawhide.repo , even though I
didn't recall manually editing them. This meant the metadata_expire
setting for my fedora.repo was 7d, so I wasn't seeing any F21 updates.
So keep an eye out, and copy the .rpmnew version into production if
necessary.

Also note that the F21 repo definitions already have 'gpgcheck=1', even
though the F21 packages won't be consistently signed until Bodhi use
kicks in for F21. So you'll need to pass --nogpgcheck on the command
line for now (or edit the repos, but then you'll get rpmnew files again
in future...)
http://www.happyassassin.net