Who turned out the light - GNOME Classic - DesktopNames

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Thu Jul 24 16:06:44 UTC 2014

As of last night I could install F21 on a test machine only if I
specified Gnome.  So I got a chance to try Gnome "Classic".
The good news: GC works, even over TigerVNC.

The bad news: GC is better than nothing, but not by much.
GC appears to be a highly lobotomized hack of Gnome 2,
missing most of what made Gnome 2 great.

YMMV.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com