Interesting debugging experiences Fedora 21 on real hardware

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Thu Jul 24 22:59:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 22:56 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:

> Since my "ultimate goal" is to get a (relatively) clean F21 on my
> server, I started
> experimenting using the Heisenbug netinst.iso with a specified repository of
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/development/21/x86_64/os
>
> It would be most useful to be able to specify a copy of the repository
> on a local HD:
> /dev/sdd1/fc21/os    - but in the meantime I will have to install over
> the net at a more
> leisurely pace.

Do you not already mirror anything in Fedora at all locally?  If not,
you may think about setting up rsync or something to do that onto a
local server/HD of some time, one that you can always have access to,
via http, ftp, nfs, etc.. You can then set it up to check however many
times a day/week/month you want so it's always up to do.

It does make installs/upgrades/etc..a lot faster and you don't need
internet access while doing it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY