Fedora 21 / 22: repo definition .rpmnews

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 24 23:28:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 14:00 +0530, Amita Sharma wrote:
> On 07/24/2014 01:56 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hi, folks. Just a note for those following 21 (Branched) or 22
> > (Rawhide): I noticed today that several of my /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo
> > files had .rpmnew versions, including my fedora.repo and
> > fedora-updates-testing.repo and fedora-rawhide.repo ,
> Hi Adam,
>
> you must have enabled only one repo at a time among these 2 -
> fedora.repo + fedora-updates-testing.repo OR fedora-rawhide.repo ?
> What I know is if we need F21 disable the Rawhide repository and enable
> the regular Fedora repositories + enable updates-testing AND
> for F22 enable fedora-rawhide.repo.

You should usually only enable either fedora+updates+updates-testing
*or* rawhide, yeah.

if you enable them together, you'll mostly get rawhide, but in the case
where a package winds up newer in Branched than in rawhide (which isn't
*supposed* to happen - it's a packager error - but does, sometimes),
you'll get the one from branched. so you'd kinda have a mix.