Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-21-20140723-sda.raw.xz - Cubieboard 2 no video

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:38:28 UTC 2014

>> On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I an watch the boot from the serial console, but the monitor never
>>> displays.
>>> My Fedora 20 remix works fine to the display.
>>
>> It's not supported in the mainline kernel yet
>

> What do you mean?  No monitor is supported, or the Cubie video is not
> supported?

No video output supported on the mainline kernel so there will be no
output. Serial console only ATM.

>>> I can provide anything from the console capture.
>>>
>>> I cannot log in from the console.  For some reason minicom does not seem
>>> be sending any keystrokes to the console; displaying fine.
>>
>> Tried screen "screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200" to see if that makes any
>> difference, I gave up on minicom years ago.
>

> Hey, that works.  But what is the password to 'root'?

What ever you set it to. Use a minimal install and you should get a
TUI setup to set root password, timezone and create users.

>>> I see messages with my mac address and that IPv6 is starting up. From the
>>> prefix for that segment, I have calculated the IPv6 global address, but
>>> it
>>> is not responding to a ping6.  I have also tried fping -g looking for its
>>> 4v
>>> addr, but it is not responding.  So although it seems to indicate IP up.
>>> No
>>> ping response.
>>
>> Probably firewalld. You could remove the firewalld.service file to stop
>> startup.
>

> Well looks like I will be in shortly.  After I get the root password.  But
> how would I remove firewalld?  rename what file, where?

Disable the firewalld service, I believe once you have a user you
should be able to ssh in.

Peter