Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-21-20140725-sda.raw.xz - Cubieboard 2

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Jul 25 18:23:46 UTC 2014

OK.  Some more information.  I should have read the known issues that
video was not supported yet and not waste time when I forgot my console
serial usb adapter.

So I just built of 0725 and did a firstboot.  It hung at:

Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)
Kernel 3.16.0-0.rc6.git1.1.fc21.armv7hl on an armv7l (ttyS0)

[   90.945170] Ebtables v2.0 registered
[  103.427868] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
[  104.033676] cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated:
[  104.053602] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz),
(N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[  104.078213] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 160000 KHz),
(N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[  104.094960] cfg80211:   (5490000 KHz - 5730000 KHz @ 160000 KHz),
(N/A, 2000 mBm), (0 s)
[  104.103304] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 80000 KHz),
(N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[  106.258769] eth0: device MAC address 6a:69:4a:ec:9a:81
[  107.145200] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

there was no prompting for root password, time zone or login user. So I
built another Sd card with --norootpass

This one proceeded to the login prompt.  Again no prompting for time
zone or user.

I logged in as root and observered no network addresses.  My F20 remix
has no problem getting both my IPv4 and v6 addresses, so I dug deeper.
The calculated MAC address is:

36:85:4d:dc:35:a3

OOPS!  first octet with value of '3' is BAD.  That is setting the
multicast bit per my understanding of local scope MAC addresses (more on
this subject another time, but I work in IEEE 802 and have learned a lot
of MAC addresses, and my reading is that this first octet must be xx10).

I did a screen capture in screen, so can provide any displayed info.

I am building yet another SD card.  Hopefully this one will create an
allowable MAC address.