Fedora21 lpr prints blank pages

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Mon Jul 28 17:50:38 UTC 2014

On 07/28/2014 03:26 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 14:32 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
>> The F21 lp and lpr commands print blank pages.
>> The CUPS test page printed normally, as did a print from GIMP.
> Please try to find out if the problem is format-specific by trying other
> formats (such as PDF), and when you find which format fails, please try
> to diagnose further by enabling debugging and looking for CUPS log
> messages (journalctl _COMM=cupsd -e, or look
> in /var/log/cups/error_log). For more information about this, take a
> look at this page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_printing_problems
>
> The lp and lpr commands both act in the same way: they give the document
> to CUPS to print. The problem is very unlikely to be with the commands
> themselves.
>
> Tim.
> */

Unfortunately a number of things have conspired to prevent me
from debugging lpr.  I tried installing Heisenbug CUPS but this
only left CUPS broken.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CUPS
with yum but CUPS is still inoperable.

Finally I can't install a working F21 on my test machine.  Only
Gnome installs to a working desktop for the last week or so,
and today Gnome won't install because of dependency.
Perhaps the alpha tc1 will fix some of this.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com