Fedora 21 Alpha validation test work

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 29 17:48:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-29 at 09:41 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> What I don't like, however, is that I'd like to avoid displaying names
> for TC results (because we will be aggregating many results and it
> would be too space consuming), but display them for RC results
> (because we won't be aggregating results and often it's helpful to
> easily see who tested what - without using tooltips). But it would be
> a bit stupid to have two different templates for that (even though
> {{tc}} and {{rc}} could be quite memorable and of course they are
> pre-filled), and I don't know how to achieve that using the same
> template. I don't have an answer here.

Well, we could just not display the field if it contains RC, but that
might be a bit confusing for people entering results.

Sigh, this thread has prompted me to do something I didn't do for a
while - go and look at TCMSes :P One I'd never really looked at before
is Mozilla's , Moztrap , https://moztrap.mozilla.org/ . It seems fairly
nice. Their production deployment is rather slow, but someone's been
working on optimizing it lately
(http://www.peterbe.com/plog/optimizing-moztrap , and a lot of the other
recent commits - https://github.com/mozilla/moztrap/commits/master ) and
I doubt ours would have quite the combinatorial explosions that cause
slowness for Moz. Might be time to go evaluatin' again.