Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-20140730-sda.raw.xz on Cubieboard 2 - problems

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:55:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> It took me a bit to work out issues with the serial console to get back into
> testing.  Those issues are for a separate list...
>
> I can get Minimal to go through the install process and set timezone, root
> password, and userid.  When I go to log in I get:
>
> Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)
> Kernel 3.16.0-0.rc7.git1.1.fc21.armv7hl on an armv7l (ttyS0)
>
> localhost login: root
> Password:
> [   64.141895] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
> [   66.257749] eth0: device MAC address c2:f5:e1:51:08:dd
> [   66.450111]  No MAC Management Counters available
> [   66.712730]  No MAC Management Counters available
> [   66.718353] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
>
> [   68.632241] stmmaceth 1c50000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full -
> flow control off
> [   68.649252] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
>
> Last login: Wed Dec 31 19:04:26 on ttyS0
> [root at localhost ~]# ifconfig
> -bash: ifconfig: command not found
> [root at localhost ~]# echo $PATH
> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin
> [root at localhost ~]#
>
> No commands work.  I know the IP address this device gets assigned so I
> tried pinging and ssh:

the ip command as replaced pretty much all stuff (actually around 10
years ago!) but once you get use it it is much nicer. There's a quick
start here http://andys.org.uk/bits/2010/02/24/iproute2-life-after-ifconfig/
or you can do "yum install net-tools" and get the old ones back.

> You can probably ping it yourself, but port 22 is blocked at the firewall
> router.

firewall-cmd --help

> I powered off and rebooted, and still the same behaviour.  I did a screen
> capture of the install, so can provide that if it would help (54K).  Note I
> have had this problem since I started on Minimal with the 20140724 build,
> but have not been able to stablily test it.  I believe my setup now provides
> a reliable test of the build on a Cubieboard 2.

It's expected behaviour so I'm not sure why you'd expect it to change,
if you don't need a firewall you can just "yum remove firewalld"

> Thank you and I await advise on what to provide next (or a build that works
> for me).

So I'm not sure what isn't working. The two issues you had above with
network config and firewall are by design and there's a lot of good
docs on the Fedora wiki and elsewhere that cover them and I've given
you alternatives to the default. Is there anything else you need?

Peter