[fedora-arm] Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-20140730-sda.raw.xz on Cubieboard 2 - problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jul 31 14:23:37 UTC 2014

On 07/31/2014 09:55 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> It took me a bit to work out issues with the serial console to get back into
>> testing.  Those issues are for a separate list...
>>
>> I can get Minimal to go through the install process and set timezone, root
>> password, and userid.  When I go to log in I get:
>>
>> Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)
>> Kernel 3.16.0-0.rc7.git1.1.fc21.armv7hl on an armv7l (ttyS0)
>>
>> localhost login: root
>> Password:
>> [   64.141895] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
>> [   66.257749] eth0: device MAC address c2:f5:e1:51:08:dd
>> [   66.450111]  No MAC Management Counters available
>> [   66.712730]  No MAC Management Counters available
>> [   66.718353] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
>>
>> [   68.632241] stmmaceth 1c50000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full -
>> flow control off
>> [   68.649252] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
>>
>> Last login: Wed Dec 31 19:04:26 on ttyS0
>> [root at localhost ~]# ifconfig
>> -bash: ifconfig: command not found
>> [root at localhost ~]# echo $PATH
>> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin
>> [root at localhost ~]#
>>
>> No commands work.  I know the IP address this device gets assigned so I
>> tried pinging and ssh:
> the ip command as replaced pretty much all stuff (actually around 10
> years ago!) but once you get use it it is much nicer. There's a quick
> start here http://andys.org.uk/bits/2010/02/24/iproute2-life-after-ifconfig/
> or you can do "yum install net-tools" and get the old ones back.

Whow, I have been asleep at the switch on this one.  Did not see it in
any notes, but then that is more than likely my fault.  So I got a lot
of reading to do, and then figure out why no IP addresses (v4 or v6) are
getting assigned.  I figure out enough of the IP command to see no
addresses.  Even if there is a problem with my DHCP server, I am sending
out RA messages, so there should be a global IP address.  I will dig a
bit and see if I can get addressing to come up properly.

Of course with no addressing, the address I *THOUGHT* this box took was
actually another test box that has SSH on another port, of course ssh
was not connecting.  'firewall-cmd --list-all-zones' shows that the ssh
service is allowed in; no change to default setups there.

ANd I cannot install net-tools until I get addressing working.

So at least I know I have a 'working' system to some definition of
working and I can go off and learn what has changed and how to live with
the changes.

thank you