[fedora-arm] Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-20140730-sda.raw.xz on Cubieboard 2 - problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jul 31 15:57:00 UTC 2014

On 07/31/2014 10:31 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>> the ip command as replaced pretty much all stuff (actually around 10
>>> years ago!) but once you get use it it is much nicer. There's a quick
>>> start here
>>> http://andys.org.uk/bits/2010/02/24/iproute2-life-after-ifconfig/
>>> or you can do "yum install net-tools" and get the old ones back.
>>
>> Whow, I have been asleep at the switch on this one.  Did not see it in any
>> notes, but then that is more than likely my fault.  So I got a lot of
>> reading to do, and then figure out why no IP addresses (v4 or v6) are
>> getting assigned.  I figure out enough of the IP command to see no
>> addresses.  Even if there is a problem with my DHCP server, I am sending out
>> RA messages, so there should be a global IP address.  I will dig a bit and
>> see if I can get addressing to come up properly.
>>
>> Of course with no addressing, the address I *THOUGHT* this box took was
>> actually another test box that has SSH on another port, of course ssh was
>> not connecting.  'firewall-cmd --list-all-zones' shows that the ssh service
>> is allowed in; no change to default setups there.
>>
>> ANd I cannot install net-tools until I get addressing working.
> The other useful command is nmcli which is the NetworkManager command
> line. You could also try a plain old "ifup eth0" and see if that makes
> a difference.

Looks like more digging is called for:

# ip addr show
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
group default
     link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
     inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
     inet6 ::1/128 scope host
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast
state UP group default qlen 1000
     link/ether ce:52:c8:ae:9a:66 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

# ifup eth0
/sbin/ifup: configuration for eth0 not found.
Usage: ifup <configuration>

Could it be that the MAC addr is local scope?  But this is needed on
many SOC boards; not unique to Cubies.