kernel-headers for 3.15 rc8 conflict with kernel-headers-3.15.0-0.rc7.git0.1.fc21.x86_64

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 19:30:10 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 13:25 -0500, Kevin Martin wrote:
> Today while doing a dnf upgrade I got a conflict message about the kernel-headers for 3.15 rc8 conflicting with 3.15 rc7.git0.1.  I
> was forced to rpm -e the rc7 headers (with --nodeps) to be able to install the rc8 versions and allow the whole set of necessary
> kernel packages to install so grub2 would update it's config properly.
>
> Just letting you know.

That sounds like possibly a dnf bug. kernel-headers is like
kernel-devel, not kernel-core: you should only have one kernel-headers
at a time. dnf shouldn't have tried to install them alongside each
other.

IIRC there was a new release of dnf recently - that could be the issue.
Ales, any ideas?

It'd help if you had the exact dnf output; I believe dnf history should
be able to show it.